Thursday, September 07, 2006

SPREAD Petition: I saw this coming...

Okay, so I'm a few weeks behind the news, but my readers will have to admit that I saw this coming. Click on this LINK to view the SPREAD petition.

I'm a little disappointed, but not at all surprised, that the call for the break-up of the Communion would come from a leader within a group whose status in the Communion is tenuous at best. I have to be careful here, because I have good friends in the AMiA, and connections with other Common Cause Partners. But herein lies a textbook example of fomenting separation and division for the sake of unity (a contradiction, I know, so why can't they see this?) However, as is always the case, it will not be unity that is achieved, but rather an arrogated identity. Case in point: notice how the author defines who is, and who is not, a true "Anglican." What's wrong with this picture?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry-- at least one of your friends in the AMiA shares your concerns about the SPREAD Petition. The cause of orthodoxy within Anglicanism will not be served by further fragmentation.

Dan Dunlap said...

It's great to hear from you, Bob. I know where you're heart is, and where your realities compell you to be. keep up the great work that you do for the kingdom!